Wednesday, December 5, 2012

... of Christmas on a college budget

The times of hot chocolate, mittens, and watching Elf on repeat have come. The holiday season has always been one of the times of the year that I look forward to most, and this year is no exception. With Christmas fast approaching, I was struggling with one tiny issue: what do I get my family? ...and on a college budget no less. I needed a cost effective option, but I still wanted them to love their gifts. So, what to do?
I found my solution in the craft aisle. What is it you may ask?

Lots and lots and LOTS of....

YARN! (and a pair of knitting needles)

Now, I know what you're thinking.. Knitting? How old is this girl?
To answer your questions, YES knitting. And almost 20 :) but back to the important stuff...

Scarves are warm, they're soft and cozy. Who wouldn't want to give something warm, soft, AND cozy to the ones they love? So, you guessed it, EVERYONE GETS A SCARF!


They get to be comfortable in the cold winter, and I get to have fun acting like an old lady knitting for them. Besides, not only is knitting fun- it makes for super cheap gifts! The scarves I make are only about $7 in materials which means I can make gifts for my whole family in a really inexpensive way. 
Plus, it's handmade by yours truly so they have no choice but to love it!

I've obviously been busy (I can't help but knit while watching Elf). And I only have oh, ......5 scarves left to make before Christmas. I had better get to work!


Stay crafty, baby panthers
:)
-Melanie, STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment