Monday, December 17, 2012

... of getting inspired!

Hey guys! So if you didn't know, I am a graphic design major at UNI. Over this winter break, I really wanted to make sure that I would be doing things that would be productive to me as and artist and graphic designer. (Not including watching Ink Masters marathons... because I could probably do that all break!)

What I've decided to do is find out some info on famous graphic designers, check out the work of others, and also do some designing and drawing of my own!

Doodles in my sketchbook. Like my slippers?

Milton Glaser is one of the most influential American graphic designers.  Do you <3 NY too?

So far, I've seen some pretty amazing works of art online (a trip to a gallery is definitely happening during this break!) and I've learned about some pretty amazing people. Having time to doodle in my sketchbook is another great plus of having some extra time on my hands, plus I get to mess around on photoshop and do stuff like this:


You could say I really "get into" this show.
Get it? :P

Stay inspired, baby panthers!
:)
-Melanie, STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment