Thursday, February 7, 2013

...of a UNI Transfer Student!

Hey, guys! Alright, so given my Panther Pride and knowledge of life here at UNI, it may come as a surprise that I am, in fact, a transfer student. This fall, I transferred to UNI as a sophomore. I spent my freshman year at the University of Iowa. However, after doing a lot of soul-searching (along with a campus visit and trips to see friends perform in a few shows at Strayer-Wood Theatre) I came to the conclusion that Cedar Falls is where my heart resides.

Transferring colleges is not always an easy decision or a smooth transition, but for me, everything seems to have fallen into place. I chose to live in one of the dorms on campus in order to meet more people, an opportunity I definitely didn't want to miss out on. I also decided to participate in formal recruitment here on campus and was lucky enough to join my sorority, Alpha Delta Pi. The icing on the cake was landing my wonderful job here at a member of the STARs team!

Some friends and me at the Homecoming game!

ADPis throwing what we know at our fall philanthropy!

Superhero Day here at work!

While UNI did not offer my previous major, I met with an advisor during my campus visit, and she helped me select which major would substitute the best. I switched over from Journalism to English with a Public Relations minor and have been extremely happy with my decision. The faculty here dedicated to helping out confused transfer students such as myself are outstanding!

Although it is only my second semester here at UNI, I have never been more sure that I made the right decision to come here. I have made so many connections here, both friendships and professional, and the opportunities here are too many to count. I have found it so easy to get involved, and have fallen in love not only with UNI's campus, but with the Cedar Falls community as well.

As cheesy and cliche as it sounds, you really do know when you have chosen the perfect school, because it just feels right. My heart gets warm fuzzies just thinking about all the happy memories I've made already!

And the best part? I know there are many more to come. 

Keep Calm and Bleed Purple,
Emily (STAR)

No comments:

Post a Comment