Monday, February 11, 2013

...of taking advantage of what UNI has to offer

At some point or another, every person has the ambition to travel or live someplace far from home. I am no exception.
I thought that this lofty goal of mine would forever stay just a goal, until I discovered a program that UNI participates in called NSE (National Student Exchange). With the program, you can choose a school from a list of hundreds of schools across the country and exchange with that school for a semester or even a year.

So I sat down and looked at my list of schools, along with all the other great information I got at the NSE meeting back in January, and made a decision....

On California State, Los Angeles!

The great part about going on exchange is that I'm still technically a UNI student, just living very very very far off campus. (I could never not be a panther!) So I'll still pay UNI tuition and all that good stuff while I attend the other campus.

NSE applications were due today, I meet with my advisor tomorrow, and then I find out in March if I got a placement at Cal State, LA! The wait is going to be killer, so keep your fingers crossed for me!



Keep exploring, baby panthers!
:)
-Melanie, STAR


No comments:

Post a Comment