Thursday, February 28, 2013

...of a Student Involved in Campus Ministry

Greetings, future Panthers!

Since we've now had a few posts to get to know each other, I felt it was time to share with you something that is very important to me. It also happens to be extremely important to a number of other students on UNI's campus. "What could this oh-so-special activity be?" you may ask. It's something I've been involved in for several years now, and it is also where you can be sure to find me on just about any Wednesday night at 8:00. That's right, folks. I'm talking about campus ministry!



I, myself, have been involved in some form of church group or Bible study since I was very young, and I am so thankful to have the opportunity to make such involvement a part of my college experience. I became a part of the Lutheran Student Fellowship (LSF) in the beginning of my Freshman year, and I have been attending Bible studies with the group ever since. Weekly student Bible studies are held at College Hill Lutheran Church (pictured below), led by the church pastor, and focus on a variety of topics.


Not only has attending the LSF Bible study enhanced my knowledge of the Bible and Lutheranism, but it has also allowed me to connect with students who share in my faith. It's comforting to know that I have a group of people who I can instantly connect with, simply because we all have a common set of beliefs. College Hill Lutheran Church has served as place for me to go to feel safe and accepted, and that is something that I will never take for granted.


Now, although I have my own faith and have chosen the campus ministry that best fits it, UNI offers a TON of other options for students whose beliefs differ from mine. There are approximatelyly 20 different religious organizations open to students here on campus. Many of these groups are partnered with local churches or other religious institutions, while some are completely student-run. Whatever your beliefs, you can rest assured that you will have no trouble finding a group to connect with and feel at home in. I know I certainly have!

Until we meet again,

~ Jordan, STAR





No comments:

Post a Comment