Monday, November 12, 2012

...Of a UNI Student Employee

College can be kind of spendy and there is no denying that.  One way to help support yourself but still be able to spend enough time studying is by getting a job on campus!  I have had a job since the age of 14 so when I came to college, I knew that I wanted and needed to continue working.  I worked my freshmen year of school at an off campus job, which paid well and I enjoyed what I did.  After a year of off campus employment, I decided that for convenience sake, it would be best if I relocated my employment to someplace on campus.  If you are living on campus and working on campus, you can save quite a bit in gas money!  Plus on campus employers know that your schooling comes first.

My sophomore year at UNI, I applied for a position as a STAR (a Student Telecounseling Admissions Representative).  Thank goodness I was hired because now I get the pleasure of working with these goons four times a week. See picture below.
My lovely co-workers!
Can you tell why I love working with them?!  Like I said, on campus employment is great!  Your employers are understanding and typically willing to work with you and the people you work with can be a real riot too!  Not to mention there are thousands of positions on campus waiting for people like YOU!
~Vanessa, STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment