Wednesday, November 7, 2012

...of my current obsession: ROCK CLIMBING


Okay, so here's the deal: Recently I have become hooked on rock climbing. No joke. And UNI's Wellness and Recreation Center is ALL to blame. Before my sophomore year of college (this year) I had never been climbing, so you can imagine how nervous/scared/excited I was when my friends (all frequent guests to the rock wall) took me to go climb with them one evening about a month ago. Now? I can't get enough!

I'm not really a person who works out a lot (or enjoys working out for that matter...) And that's probably why I love climbing, you get all the benefits of actually working out BUT, more importantly, it's fun!

This recent obsession with the activity led me to sign up for a belay class offered, convieniently, in the good ol' WRC. I had the class last night and it was great! For about 2 hours I learned basic belay skills like tying knots for the climbing ropes, how to do saftey checks, and techniques and equipment that you use while belaying (along with meeting a few new climbing buddies). Now, I can take my friends along and get them as stoked on climbing as I am!

*This workout is Melanie approved.*

 
 
Happy climbing pals,
 
 
-Melanie, STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment