Monday, October 22, 2012

...of a Student Hoping to Study Abroad!

Hello, all!

Although this country of ours is quite a fair land, there are often times when I dream of broadening my horizons beyond the United States. I am so excited to say that I am currently in the process of making this dream come true! With the help of UNI's Study Abroad Center, I will hopefully be spending my spring break in South Africa!

The Study Abroad Center at UNI sponsors over 1,000 programs to universities in more than 60 countries and regions. There are also a number of different formats and lengths of programs to choose from. Luckily for me, my choice was made easy by the fact that I have been obsessed with South Africa for a number of years now. Even though the trip itself will be fly by and be absolutely fabulous, the process necessary to get to that point will not be so simple.

There are a number of requirements a student must fulfill if he or she wishes to study abroad:

1. Apply online at uni.edu/studyabroad.
2. Pay the $65 application fee.
3. Attend an "Abroad 101" info session.
4. Apply for a passport (I still need to tackle this step...oops).
5. Complete the program-specific paperwork.
6. Submit all scholarship applications.
7. Complete a pre-departure orientation.
8. Purchase airfare.
9. Have the time of your life!

If I finally force myself to stop procrastinating and complete all of these steps, everyone can be on the lookout for an AMAZING post about South Africa coming March of 2013! Wish me luck, and consider taking advantage of UNI's Study Abroad opportunities yourself!

~ Jordan, STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment