Thursday, October 11, 2012

...of Separated Sisters


I remember thinking when I first came to college that I would be really homesick. Surprisingly, I wasn't. My family visited me when they came to watch football games and I went home for a few weekends to watch my sister in a musical or one of her band competitions. Last year, I saw my family almost every weekend or at least every other weekend, which really helped my transition to college.

This year, I haven't visited home as much. And my sister has only been able to visit me once so far this year. I've really been missing her a lot! It has been almost 3 weeks since I've seen her in person. I know that doesn't really sound like a lot, but when you're used to seeing someone on a regular basis, it is.

When going to college, a lot of people think about how far away it is from home and worry about missing their family and friends. These were some of my concerns anyway. I've definitely taken advantage of my access to technology. :) Skype has become my best friend and I will drop everything if my sister calls me. I am so excited to see her next weekend for homecoming!

~Diann, STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment