Wednesday, October 24, 2012

... of branching out

Kickball tournaments are one of the many things I like to do with my campus family :)
Coming to college can sometimes be a little bit scary, and leaving your friends and family back home is a pretty big deal. The most helpful college advice I have ever received was to make a home for yourself on your campus, and I still think that's why I am as happy in college as I am. A huge part of this is  building a "family" on campus. For me, my campus "family" is largely made up of my sisters in the Gamma Phi Beta sorority. It's really nice to have a place to go to, and a bunch of girls to talk to when you're having a bad day. ( These girls are the best!) :D

Something to remember, though, is to not limit yourself to one group of people to hang out with. When you come to college, you get the opportunity to meet HUNDREDS of new people. So why limit yourself to just the people in your residence hall, in your classes, or people you work with (even if they are fantastic)? There are so many clubs, groups, and organizations for you to get involved in and meet to people as a result of!

So branch out a little bit because each time you do, your "family" gets a little bit bigger. :)




Now go get 'em, Tiger!
-Melanie, STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment