Wednesday, October 31, 2012

...of Celebrating Halloween!

It is that time of year again, where everyone gets to ditch their normal lives and pretend to be something/someone for a night! However, the older we get, the "trickier" Halloween tends to get.  We are too old to go knock on our neighbors doors for candy, and frankly most of our neighbors are college students so they don't have the money to buy the good stuff!  And then we are at that point in our lives where at times homework has to take priority over our social lives, so who has the time to celebrate?  Especially when Halloween falls on a WEDNESDAY! <---Who decided this? Really??

As college students, we don't like anything getting in our way of partying! As an Honors student, my conscience gets the best of me when I decide to go out for a little fun.  Luckily, UNI has many activities that are enjoyable and don't take too much time away from my studies! Yes, I realize I might sound a little nerdy, but I actually had a great time at the Honor's Halloween Party this past Monday.

As I was deciding whether to go or not, a couple of things ran through my mind:
  • I don't have the money to go out and buy a costume. So, what can I throw together from random stuff in my closet?
  • I still want to look cute, but it is FREEZING out and I don't think fishnets will cut it. So, I came up with this:

  • Who is going to show up on a Monday night?
  • Will this be fun? It is the Honors Program.
Opposite of my thoughts, I had a blast! It was short and sweet, and a great impromptu plan to my normal Monday night routine.  Just because it was Honors, didn't mean I had to automatically think it was lame.  A lot of my friends put a lot of time into planning the event and they made sure that they were going to have fun there too.  Here are some pics of the night:

Fashion Show for Best Costumes :)

A group picture of the girls on my floor!

It turned out that everyone was looking for the same thing I was - a fun night out with the friends and nothing too extravagant!  I understand that when Halloween falls on a weekday, the partying starts the weekend before - so just a side note: party safe and remember that professors don't buy the "the zombie apocolypse came early and kept me from writing my paper" excuse. ~STAR Joslyn

No comments:

Post a Comment