Monday, February 9, 2015

...Of a Smart Shopper

Hey Future Panthers!

Star Grace here to talk about a sweet store in the Cedar Valley Area! :)
All you shopaholics out there, this one is for you!

Many are familiar with our CrossRoads Center Mall in Waterloo, but not everyone has heard of Plato's Closet! Plato's Closet is located right behind the mall at 2325 Crossroads Blvd. Waterloo, Iowa!

What makes this store so special is not only can you buy some slightly used clothes here, but you can also sell your old clothes that you no longer wear! Plato's Closet has the same concept as Goodwill, but the clothes have to be in near perfect condition when you sell them. Also, they only want/look for name brand items such as: Express, Buckle, Target brand items, Maurices, Coach, and many more stores! (For all the guys out there that enjoy some shopping too, they are always wanting more mens clothing!) Plato's closet also sells and will buy shoes, purses, and jewelry!

The other day I traveled out there to sell clothes, and I got a little more than $14 for a sweater, dress, and necklace! It definitely was a great deal considering these items had been hidden in my closet and were rarely worn!

After I got my $14 back, I couldn't resist looking around for some new clothes to fill those empty spots.

I do have 3 interviews coming up (and many of you will have countless interviews too; whether it be for jobs, organizations, or scholarships) so I decided to find something business casual! And I came out with some great finds!


The dress is from Express & the shoes are Cosmopolitan


After getting $14 for selling my clothes, I ended up with a great new outfit and only paid $8 for it total!
Plato's Closet is great, and before anyone knocks on the idea of buying used clothes, you should definitely go and give it a chance! Or at least try to sell those items in your closet that still have the tags or might have spiderwebs on them ;)

In my next posting I'll be sure to talk more about those jobs and organizations you can find on campus! Then you might have a reason to pick out a new outfit!

Until next time,
STAR Grace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment