Wednesday, February 11, 2015

...Of Moving onto Campus!


Hey future panthers!

I’m sure many of you have started a countdown to that exciting day...move in day!

The day I left for UNI, I started my day early in the morning. It felt unreal when I packed everything in the car and left for Cedar Falls. I was anxious the whole way, but I was also super excited.
I was really nervous and had no idea what to expect. Once I got there and had everything moved in and got to know my roommate more, I was so relieved and loved it!

While the dorm room became crowded and hot with two families moving things around, it was awesome to see the room come together. I was really happy with how the room looked and how quickly we moved everything in!

There were many welcome activities for us, and I met a lot of girls on my floor through them! Making friends came naturally the first weekend, and I met a ton of people I am still close to!

Tips for move in:
-Remember to communicate with your roommate about who brings what (futon, TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc.)
-Do not over pack. There is limited space in the closets, so when you move in do not bring a bunch of bulky clothes like sweaters and jackets because it is hot here the first few weeks! Bring seasonal clothes back with you during break.
-Remember to bring a small fan for your loft. It gets hot the first few weeks, and a fan is a necessity for sleeping in a loft because hot air rises!
-While you want to pack everything, be practical. Remember that you have to share this space with another person, so bring a things for extra storage so your room is not cluttered!

Most of all…

Come with a great attitude and ready to meet a lot of people! Keep your door open and say hi to as many people as you can- you never know who will become your friend!

I hope you are excited for move in day, but remember to relax- it will be great! :)

-STAR Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment