Monday, February 2, 2015

...of a Happy and Healthy Student

Good Afternon Panther Lovers,

From 6AM to 8PM, you are bound to find an activity/ workout space that fits your needs here at UNI. The Wellness and Recreation Center (WRC) at UNI is a multi-faceted place for any healthy student to thrive. Our WRC has one of the largest rock walls in Iowa, plenty of courts to play a variety of sports, leisure and lap pools, and a plethora of fitness classes and programs.


As a healthy student I have made it a part of my daily schedule to improve my cardiovascular health and participate in strength training. Because I am not a fitness expert (beyond passing Health and Wellness class) I have registered for fitness classes with an instructor who knows the ins and outs of the body. There are classes ranging from Jazz dance to Scuba diving to Pilates to kick boxing..you can definitely find a class for you!


With that being said, I am a Ice Cream LOVER...to the max..and I am a strong believer in rewarding yourself. I just recently took a trip to the Piazza (a dining center on campus) where I requested an ice cream cone with “as many scoops as you can get on it”. The lady behind the desk graciously accepted my challenge and presented me with an 8 scoop ice cream cone!! :) Least to say I was in heaven :) 

Approximately Half way through my delicious treat :)

...So the point of this blog is to tell you that UNI has a lot to offer you in your quest for a healthier body, but it is A-OK to treat yourself and UNI has that too! :)

Wishing you all a happy and healthy life
-Star Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment