Monday, October 21, 2013

...Of Being Locked Indoors

Happy Fall/Winter Future Panthers!

For all you Midwesters, you know what you are getting yourself into by coming to UNI.  For those coming elsewhere, just google Iowa's winters so you know what to expect...  Now, I am not trying to scare you all, but today was one of the colder days on campus and I gained some inspiration from our "lovely" weather.  

At first, I was sad because I realized that this is the start of being inside more and we won't be able to fully enjoy our beautiful campus.  I quickly became thankful because UNI gives us many opportunities to have fun indoors!  For example, CAB hosts weekly events for us to attend in order to cure the winter blues or there are the plenty of winter sports going on in the Dome (...it's always 70 degrees) and McLeod Center.  Today, I want to focus on what to do in your dorm! Let's just say I am playing Pinterest for today :)

What do you first think of on a cold day?
A hot beverage and a blanket to cuddle and watch movies in.

You are probably thinking, "How am I supposed to get a hot beverage in the dorms?"  Well, you have plenty of options!
1. Go to 23rd St or Biscotti's so you can take it back to your dorm room.
2. See if any of your neighbors brought a Keurig and/or microwave.
3. All of the residence halls have microwaves and kitchenettes in them for the students' use!

Homemade Hot Beverage Recipes

Either you have the blanket or you don't.  If you want a new craft, make your own blanket! I love woven blankets, but my grandmas do not knit as a hobby so I never get those as gifts.  If you are like me, this pin will come in handy...

Now go to your hall's office and get a movie from the movie club!

Stay warm Panthers!
~STAR Joslyn

No comments:

Post a Comment