Monday, October 14, 2013

...Of Being Batty Over Halloween!

BOO!!!

Excuse me, I should have said, "Hey, Future Panthers!" but forgive me, I'm way too into the spirit of my favorite holiday/time of year: Halloween!

Alright, so let's talk about why Halloween (especially Halloween at UNI) is so spook-tacularly awesome. First of all...

Decorations. How great are fall/Halloween decorations? I myself get a little crazy in the dollar section of Target, but I took the liberty of also snapping some photos around town as well as my own apartment.




(these bottom photos are not my house, but a girl can dream)

Secondly, TREATS. Let's face it, when someone offers you candy corn, you don't tell them no. Not only that, but Chats (the on-campus coffee shop) is serving up pumpkin spice lattes and piping hot apple cider this time of year. Who am I to turn that down? Oh, a jack-o-lantern cookie? Don't mind if I do!



To burn off some of those Halloween treat calories, you might take a walk around campus, where you would see the most gorgeous trees and autumn colors. UNI's campus during this time of year looks like you just walked into a Bob Ross painting. Check out my sweet nature photography skills.



(#nofilter)

Now, let's talk about entertainment. The Alpha Psi Omega theatre fraternity puts on an annual performance of the Rocky Horror Picture Show this time of year and it is amazing. A quote from someone on the event's Facebook page: "It isn't Halloween season unless I attend this." Beyond campus, there are also a few haunted houses in the area, as well as a Zombie Walk put on by Mohair Pair!



Aside from live entertainment, it is also time to bust out your favorite Halloween movies. Since the thought of a horror film alone makes me want to sleep with the lights on, I opt for some light-hearted flicks instead! Feast your eyes on my collection below (try not to be too jealous).


(Don't worry, The Nightmare Before Christmas is on Netflix)

I could ramble on about Halloween all day long, but I'll wrap this up before that happens and leave you with a photo of my little sister and me from October 1998, where this whole obsession began. And yes, we won the cosutme contest.




Have a fang-tastic Halloween, Future Panthers! 
-Emily (STAR)

1 comment:

  1. We totally dominated that contest. Great post, Em!

    ReplyDelete