Wednesday, September 10, 2014

....of taking an online class

This semester I decided to try online classes. While not every course is offered online, there are quite a few that are available. Taking these online classes have been an awesome decision on my part, and I am here to share with you exactly what an online class is all about.




I am a person that gets easily distracted, and I really can’t help it. The professor will mention something about their weekend and then I start thinking well what am I going to do with my weekend? Do I want to go home? I wonder if my mom will cook me spaghetti if I do go home…. And before I know it, it’s time to move on to the next class and I leave realizing that I really didn’t pay attention to any of the lecture after the first ten minutes. 

The beauty of an online class is that if a professor posts a lecture, it can always be paused or played back again. Sometimes online classes don’t offer lectures, but just more homework in order for you to learn the material. I really like this because I am an independent learner and I like to read the book and do the work and check it off my list, while at the same time being able to say that I learned something.

 My professors always let me know exactly what is due when, and make it really easy to spread all of my work over the week leaving time for me to work on campus, get involved in other activities, and attend my other classes that are on campus.

~STAR Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment