Sunday, September 21, 2014

...of an ice cream lover!

Does ice cream have it's own food group? The answer..? YES. Especially in Cedar Falls! There are many places in Cedar Falls that ice cream is available! Don't have a car? No worries! There are also many places on campus to find ice cream! In fact, that's where it all begins!
On our campus, there are two dining centers: both equipped with ice cream! There is soft serve ice cream and Blue Bunny ice cream! (There are also other desserts but we'll save that for another blog!) The soft serve ice cream comes in vanilla, chocolate, and twist. You can choose to put it in a regular cone, sugar cone, mug, or a parfait container! My personal favorite is twist in a regular cone! As far as Blue Bunny goes, I have too many favorites to choose from! The options change depending on the day, but just to name my favorites: white chocolate caramel cluster, peppermint stick, birthday party and many, many more choices! These as well can go in any of the four containers/cones! These are hardly ever out at the same time so I have never had to choose, but I like all 3 in the sugar cone! If you so choose, there are also ice cream condiments to put on the ice cream, such as butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, sprinkles, and a few other toppings.
Another place on campus for ice cream is the mini fridge right inside of your dorm room! When I was shopping for dorm appliances, I had to make certain that I got a fridge with a freezer, not just the little ice box so that I could have ice cream! Being from the Quad Cities, I was used to having Whitey's so I needed this freezer! You can also buy ice cream from little convenience stores on campus, like Biscotti's in the Redeker Center.
As far as off campus, there are a few options close to campus! My roommate's favorite is Coldstone Creamery, so we visit there quite often! At Coldstone, you are able to choose your own kind of ice cream, like cake batter, chocolate, and other flavors. After you choose the ice cream, you can add mix-in's, like cookie dough, brownies, strawberries, sprinkles and so many more options! Another delicious ice cream shop is 4 Queens Dairy Cream! At 4 Queens, they have shakes, flavor burst, snowstorms, and other fancy ice cream treats! My favorite from 4 Queens is Black Cherry Flavor Burst! It is vanilla ice cream with a burst of black cherry within! If you have not yet tried it out, I advise you to do so! You will not regret it!
-STAR Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment