Monday, September 29, 2014

...of How Things Change

Do you ever think about how strange it is that in such a short amount of time, things can change so drastically? One day you think your major is going to be Theatre, and next thing you know, you're studying Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and Spanish Teaching. One day your hair is long and brown, and in less than a year, it's become a short blonde pixie cut. Life's abrupt changes are crazy to think about.

Timehop is one of my favorite apps because it shows you what you've posted online on a certain day years before. It really can put your life into perspective! For instance, a year ago last week, I posted:


and, lo and behold, calling prospective students and reminding them about upcoming opportunities is one of my jobs now as a STAR! I absolutely love what I do, and I find it startling to think that just a year ago, I had no idea what a STAR even was.  Look where I am today!


A year from last month, I was complaining about not being able to find a roommate, when 5 days after that tweet, I found the girl I am currently rooming with on Panther Picks, UNI's sort of "online dating site" for roommates. I had no idea I would be so fortunate, and today she is one of my best friends here on campus.

These are somewhat silly examples, but it really is interesting to see how much things can change for the better, especially when you have no idea what the future holds. Life is a mystery and looking back on how much it has developed is intriguing. So don't be afraid to branch out and try new things - you could end up finding something that helps you to change for the better!

-STAR, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment