Monday, February 24, 2014

...of Spring Break at home!

Hey there, future Panthers!!

It's that time of year again!  The UNI student body is starting to get a little stir crazy due to all of the cold & snowy weather, and the fact that Spring Break is just around the corner. Some people have elaborate plans to warm and sunny beaches, while I on the other hand, will be spending my Spring Break at home! Now, I understand that it might sound lame, but I am actually very excited!

Last year I spent my spring break at home and, in my opinion, had just as much fun as some of my friends who went on tropical, week long holidays. One of the first days of break was spent road tripping to the Mall of America with my three best friends. This was very exciting for all of us, because with all four of us attending different colleges we rarely get to see each other. We got up early in the morning so we could get there right when the mall opened so we could get premium shopping time, of course! After we cashed out at the mall, we had to make a stop at Ikea.

Reunited with my best friends <3


Now, another positive of being home for spring break was getting to spend time with my family. With my little brother being so busy, it's very rare that all four of us are all together at the same time. I was lucky enough to have break during the week of his high school musical! This was awesome because I got to see a lot of distant family members as well!

Out to dinner with mom before Robby's musical! 

As this spring break roles around, I am extremely excited to head home once again and be reconnected with my roots. So whether you are flying half way around the world, or staying home on your couch over break, be sure to appreciate the time you are getting with the people you are with!

Until next time,
STAR, Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment