Wednesday, February 5, 2014

...Of a Caffeine-Addicted College Student

Hello there Future Panthers!

If I were to read your mind right now, there are some of you who absolutely love Starbucks, Caribou, or Dunkin' Donuts, and then there are some of you who absolutely hate coffee.  No matter which group you are in, or if you are somewhere in-between, stick with me here...

You have all heard that once you get to college, coffee will become a necessity.  For all you coffee haters, that isn't entirely true, so don't fret! In my case, it is true.  I grew up with everyone drinking coffee as much as they drank water, but I just didn't have that acquired test.  Something from late-night study sessions to really long days encouraged me to have a French Vanilla Latte at Chats (our coffee shop in the Union).  Surprisingly enough, I LOVED it!  From then on, all hope was gone and I had to admit that coffee is definitely a necessity.

Although the union is great and all, I wanted a local coffee shop that incorporated that "college scene" feel.  Starbucks was too far and too expensive for my college budget.  Caribou did not exist in the Cedar Valley -- until recently and it still is far. For some reason, Dunkin' Donuts hasn't fully infiltrated Iowa yet ... and their campaign says America Runs on Dunkin'.  Good thing for all us Panthers, Sidecar Coffee Shop brought handcrafted coffee to our hill!

Sidecar's Valentine Drink...will be named by a customer
I am sure I still have all of the coffee lovers' attention, but coffee haters, this is where you come into play!  Sidecar Coffee has more to offer than amazing coffee; such as, sandwiches, treats by Scratch, and an assortment of other beverages!

All the yummy things!
It is also a great atmosphere to catch up with friends or study the night away!  I recently caught up with the crazy guy below that I refer to as my best friend! You will quickly find out that the college life welcomes you to a lot of wonderful opportunities; unfortunately, those opportunities take a lot of time out of your day.  Thankfully, Sidecar will always be a short walk away from campus to catch up with the outstanding people you will meet at UNI!

Classy and Silly...the perfect combo!
For those of you coming for a visit anytime soon, stop on by! Or else you will just have to wait in anticipation until the fall :)

Sidecar Coffee Shop
2215 College St 
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
(319) 415-2547
sidecarcoffeeshop.com
~STAR Joslyn

No comments:

Post a Comment