Monday, November 4, 2013

...of a Halloweekender on a budget!

Hey there future Panthers!


The most exciting time of the year (well, in my opinion) was just upon us! Halloween is a time that we students can forget about our stressful lives and busy schedules and be anything we want for the night! However, dressing up can get to be a little pricey if you are not careful! So I thought I would give you all some helpful tips for making a cheap (yet still adorable) costume. 

  • Do not buy a costume from a costume store!!! (these can range anywhere from $30.00-$100.00 and ain't nobody got money for that!!!)
  • Enlist the help of some creative and crafty friends!
  • PINTEREST IS YOUR BEST FRIEND
  • Look around your room (and your friends' rooms too) before buying anything! 

While taking all of these helpful hints into consideration for myself, an idea hit me...

A LADY BUG! 

This costume was so easy to put together and very inexpensive! Here is a low down of the costs:

  • I borrowed the dress I am wearing from a friend, so it was fo freeeee
  • We made the tutus we are wearing out of tulle which we spent about $8 on
  • My black lady bug spots are made out of felt which I spent $3 on
  • My antennas are made from a black headband I previously owned and pipe cleaners that I got from one of my friends who is an education major. sooo..$0
After tallying up all of those numbers, my grand total for my Halloween costume was....drum roll, please....$11

Yes, making your own homemade costume can take a lot of time, but if you get a bunch of your friends to do it too it can be a lot of fun! So get your creative juices flowing, because we only have 362 days until Halloween :)
My friends who all had homemade costumes

-STAR, Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment