Monday, September 23, 2013

...of Separated Best Friends!

We grow up fighting and arguing with our mothers. We find it hard to understand why they are telling us no. We swear they are living to make our lives miserables. Then one day, without ever realizing it is happening, your mother is your best friend.

Add caption


The first week of my freshman year was when I realized this. I guess I never knew how close I had become with my mom until she wasn't with me all of the time. I found myself calling or texting her multiple times a day because, since we are best friends, I thought she needed to know everything that was happening in my life (and I know she loved hearing all about it, too!)

Being away from home, my family, my puppy, and my mom is extremely hard sometimes. But no worries, we manage to stay up to date with each other's lives via phone calls, FaceTimes, texts, tweets, and snap chats. She can always seem to brighten my mood with little texts of encouragement or funny faced snap chats. 


My mom has become one of my biggest inspirations. Not only am I lucky to be able to call her my mom, but also my best friend.



-Megan, STAR 

No comments:

Post a Comment