Wednesday, November 12, 2014

...Of Getting Ready for Second Semester

I will not lie. Getting ready to start your second semester as a college freshman can be stressful. You ask yourself, "What classes do I have to take to meet requirements?" "What if I don't like my professor?" "What if all the classes I want are taken and I get stuck with an 8a.m.?" "I'm freaking out!"

Well, fear not. UNI has many resources everywhere you look to find ways to plan out your schedules even before you officially do so. MyUniverse, the online database for every UNI student, has an Academic Planner outlining every required credit for each specific major. Also, every student has an advisor specific to what college he or she is a part of, and each student gets to schedule an individual meeting with the advisor.


If a student clicks on his or her Student Center in MyUniverse, everything needed to plan for the Spring semester is right there! How convenient is that?



My meeting is coming up this week, and in all honesty, I'm a tad bit nervous! This is my first time planning my own college schedule with intents to study abroad next year, wondering whether or not I desire to take summer classes, discerning which plays I want to try out for, and what clubs and organizations I want to get involved with. I'm both excited and scared to be moving so quickly through my collegiate journey, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds!



-STAR, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment